This will be hired as a contracted freelance role with the intention of moving to full time.
You love crafting the language for a perfect tweet, blog headline or campaign name. You write blog posts when you have something to say, but you can also tell a story solely through emojis. And you definitely know the difference between you’re and your.
As a Copywriter of digital content, you'll be more than a writer — you’ll be a creator who can express a brand’s story in many ways. Working closely with photographers, graphic designers, and videographers, you’ll concept, caption, and deliver content for platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and blogs.
Roles and Responsibilities: Social media is an ever-changing field, so although you will have some routine responsibilities, your role will adapt. However, your day-to-day obligations will be:
- Actively participate in team brainstorms for creative concepting of content and campaigns.
- Write! You’ll author captions for visual posts, as well as blog posts for certain clients.
- Collaborate with team members to create social media content calendars that are timely, relevant, ladder back up to the initial strategy, and that reflect each brand’s unique voice and tone.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of social media networks (existing and emerging) as well as an understanding of how brands are using the space.
- Use your writing to shape campaigns that fulfill client goals.
- Understand the importance of meeting deadlines and adhere to deadlines set by the project manager.
You should have:
- Experience writing for social media channels — ideally for several brands at one time in an agency setting. Internships in this type of setting are great.
- Superb writing skills. (e.g. You know when to use “who” vs. that.”)
- An understanding of social media content best practices. (e.g. You know the place and time to use a hashtag.)
- Strong time-management and organization skills.
- Experience working within a creative team dynamic which includes designers and videographers.
- Editorial experience a plus.