Are you naturally curious? Do you find immeasurable satisfaction in finding patterns and connecting the dots? Are you equal parts logic and creativity? If you said yes to these questions and have a passion for social media, then you might be a perfect fit for our Social Strategist role.
At Likeable Media, Social Strategists own the strategic development of content, from compiling insights to setting strategy to leading brainstorms. The ideal person has a strong sense of the social media landscape and knows how to bring brand objectives to life. Flexibility and the ability to think independently are key. At times, you’ll spend weeks researching the consumer and the brand before working with the team to craft brilliant campaigns and strategies for the brand’s social media presence. Other times, you’ll have one day to convert everything you know about social media into effective, impactful pieces of social media content.
Roles and Responsibilities: Social media is an ever-changing field, so although you will have some routine responsibilities, your role is going to require you to adapt slightly every now and then. However, this list should give you a good idea of what your day-to-day obligations will be:
- Develop social media content strategies based on client objectives and your own research into community insights, social listening, and industry trends. Refresh this approach as needed based on results and changing client needs.
- Present concepts, case studies, and creative elements at client meetings and conferences. (And do it in an engaging way.)
- Lead team brainstorms for creative concepting of campaigns and new business opportunities.
- Craft reports explaining intention behind creative based on past performance and shifting social media landscapes.
- Author blog posts, campaign briefs, and presentations that will clearly explain your recommendations in a digestible way.
- Collaborate with other team members to create social media content that is timely, relevant, and ladders back up to the initial strategy you’ve set forth.
- Identify relevant real-time content opportunities when a brand should speak up.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of social media networks (existing and emerging) as well as an understanding of how brands are using each space.
- Timeline projects for yourself and others in relation to larger or recurring projects, and complete assignments in a few days as needed.
You should have:
- Excellent presentation skills.
- The ability to think on your feet.
- Strong writing skills.
- Self-directed research skills.
- Experience planning for social media channels professionally, ideally for several brands at one time, in an agency setting.
- An understanding of social media content best practices.
- A background in marketing or branded content creation.
- Experience working with a major brand or within a co-branded partnership.
- Knowledge of paid social.
- Data analysis.
- Editorial experience.
- Agency experience.